Friday, January 4, 2013

Whole30 Day 4

Are you sitting down?

Well, get up and dance! It's Friday, and that's a good enough reason to have a dance party. Look, I've even provided you the music!



I'm serious. Get up off your booty, get your blood flowin', get your endorphins rushing, and boogie! You'll feel energized and happy. Go ahead; I'll wait....

Feel awesome now? I knew you would. I feel awesome, too, because I've slept like a baby the past two nights without any help from melatonin, Ambien, or Lunesta. For the last three months, if I've wanted a good, restful night's sleep I'd have to enlist in the help of medication to get one. Even with the meds I still toss, and turn, and wake several times during the night.

I assume that eating super clean this week is the cause of my sweet slumber, but it's only been four days. I've eaten clean much longer than four days and never slept this well as a result before. This time around I've cut out just about every thing processed. If it has any kind benzo-, sulphate-whatever that I can't pronounce, I put it back on the shelf. All condiments I use are homemade. Maybe the elimination of anything not 100% whole and natural is the reason. How cool is that? I may have just eliminated a monthly prescription bill. Woohoo!

How are you faring so far? Is the detox manageable? Are you starting to feel some benefits of the Whole30 already? Let me know. I'd love to hear from you!

3 comments:

  1. Yay on a good nights sleep. May I suggest that perhaps you are sleeping better because you are writing daily and that is a stress reliever?
    I am certainly enjoying your posts, although some of my co-workers were curious about the music and dancing I'm doing in here........

    As to how I am faring? Looking forward to next week, 'nuff said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a sick video to post but its too big and my phone won't let me do ANYTHING with it...but I got off my booty and danced

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeeeeeessssss!!!! I thought about making one of me going nuts for tomorrow, but my phone doesn't let me pist videos either. What song should i use for tomorrow's dance party. I need a list of good ones!

    ReplyDelete