Saturday, January 26, 2013

Whole30: Day 26

Somewhere out there a genious woman, tired of coloring her hair, let her roots grow out and called it ombre. And it's been the biggest fashion trend of the past two years. Unfortunately, my roots and highlights don't blend so seamlessly together as the fashionistas' do so I decided to start my own trend.

Colorblock
It didn't catch on.

So I called up Rose at Style Bar in Chattanooga to work her magic on my mop. It's only fitting that I revamp my hairstyle since I've making over my health, body, skin care, and attitude. I've had long blond hair for seven years now, and I'm desperate for a change. Call it my seven year itch.

The big decision: what new style do I want? Something drastic. I scoured Pinterest for days, finding several styles that tickled my fancy. Shoulder length bobs, short choppy crops, super long wavy styles (really these were out of the question since extensions cost the soul of your first born child). After over a week of waiting, I leaped out of bed this morning, wired with excitement for my coming makeover. Then my phone rang. Rose was sick and needed to reschedule, or I could see one of the other stylists. Well, I wasn't going to wait any longer. Otherwise I might've chickened out and stuck with my long and blond so I signed on to see Caroline. There is no one I trust more with my hair than the ladies at Style Bar. Each knows their shit when it comes to luscious locks and stays ahead of the trends when it comes to style. I walked into the salon and met the spunky, fiery redhead Caroline and instantly knew I was in good hands.

Now, I love long flowing hair. There's nothing more classic or beautiful. It's perfect for attracting male attention, but I'm married and have no need to pull an extra man so it's time to have fun. I'm still young enough to pull off a slew of styles and I better get at it while I can.

Anyway, I know you really just want to see the pics so here's before....
Of course my hair behaves perfectly the day before my appointment


 And after....


I freakin' love it! I didn't think I had the guts to lob it all off, but Caroline convinced me it'd look awesome, and she was right. So, if you're in Chatt and need a makeover yourself or just want your hair loved on by super talented, cutting edge ladies, get your booty over to Style Bar and tell them I sent you.

P.S. What could make this day extra awesome? I can finally wear my favorite pair of jeans that haven't fit since last Christmas (2011)! Sweet!

Hope your weekend is fabulous! Love to you all.

2 comments:

  1. I AM SO FREAKING PROUD OF YOU!!!! It looks amazing :) It's about time you highlighted that gorgeous face!!

    ReplyDelete