Friday, January 11, 2013

Whole30: Day 11

It's Friday again! You know what that means!?! Yep! Get off your sexy booty and dance. Here's 'ol Marky Mark to get you motivated. You're welcome.


I'm pretty sure my dog thinks I'm psycho. She's crouching in the far corner of the living room, underneath the computer desk, safe and hidden in the dark while I writhe around the room like I'm being tased. Years of kitchen dancing have failed to make me a good dancer, but oh, how I love it.

I'm so excited that the weekend is here. Weekends used to be a thing of dread. Somehow I always managed find myself sitting on the couch with an empty carton of ice cream, or bag of chips, or box of cookies. Somehow they got from the package into my belly, and I'd snap back to consciousness just in time to feel like throwing up.

I crave down time on the weekend, but I'm not comfortable with it. Hence, why I'd switch to autopilot and eat everything in the apartment. Well, things are changing. We've only been doing this Whole30 for 11 days, but I can tell changes already. Not just changes in my health and body, but changes in my attitude and motivations too. I feel capable and confident. I feel like my goals and challenges can (finally) be accomplished. Before this new year, the Whole30, and the blog it was as if I had a clogged hour glass. With a little work, I moved a grain of sand, then a pebble, and then everything started to flow. All the work, prep, and behind the scenes tinkering of the past year has taken effect, and right now I feel unlimited.

Take your Friday and make it awesome!
Christan

7 comments:

  1. ONE WHY ARE YOU UP AT 4:07!?!?!?!
    two, you are correct if you thought I am replaying the video over and over to copy their dance moves..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a question about the ghee - will coffee filters work in place of the cheesecloth? I have successfully used them when draining yoghurt, but I wasn't sure whether or not the clarified butter was too thick to drip through it. I guess I'll try; if it doesn't work, it would only take a minute to scrape it out and use the cheesecloth instead ... just gotta find the cheesecloth.
    Hope to get to Whole Foods today to find the coconut chips. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom uses a paper towel over a strainer. She said it takes awhile so she pours a little and walks away. I'm gonna try making some this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whole Foods has cheesecloth, but no coconut chips.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Found both at WF; I said coconut chips, but it's flaked coconut - just big flakes. Did you try your kale chips (Barb and Christan)?

    ReplyDelete
  6. P.S. Letting you know, coffee filters work quite well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aunt Deb- I skipped the kale chips and made nori chips instead. You must try them! I got the nori at Whole Foods. I don't remember how much it was, but I'm going to pick up more this week so I'll let you know.

    ReplyDelete